Wednesday July 15, 2015, 6:00 PM
River View Corporate Center –
Join us for a deeper dive into the new features of the ASP.NET v5. This meeting will cover some of the elements that were discussed last month, but in greater detail and dive a bit deeper into how things work under the covers. We will also cover some of the big breaking changes from Beta 4 to Beta 5 (this version was recently pushed out and will be the version that will be shipped with VS 2015 when it RTMs). Finally, we will wrap up with discussing future releases of ASP.NET v5 as well as some valuable places to go for information on the project.
Wednesday June 17, 2015, 6:00 PM
Argonne Library – 4322 North Argonne Road, Spokane, WA 99212.
Visual Studio 2015 is no minor upgrade from Visual Studio 2013. This is the culmination of many changes, even to areas that have remained the same since the first days of Visual Studio .NET. This session will delve into the details of those changes as they relate to ASP.NET vNext. This includes things like the solution structure, the addition of the wwwroot folder, config file changes, project schema changes to leverage JSON and much more. Attend this session to jumpstart your ASP.NET vNext development, and catapult you to immediate productivity instead of wallowing in the surprise of change.
- About the new ASP.NET vNext Project/Solution structure
- About the proliferation of JSON in ASP.NET vNext projects and how to leverage that
- How to understand the overall Visual Studio solution structure and where to put your own files within the new solution structure
- About wwwroot, both its purpose and how to leverage it
- About the new functionality in Visual Studio 15 itself
Come join Mark Michaelis and Michael Stokesbary as they begin to cover the basics of what has changed.